Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 lb. spaghetti or linguini
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into think slices
- 4-5 slices pancetta or bacon cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cooked pasta water
- Fill a large pot full of water and bring up to a boil. Salt generously and cook your pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and then drain the rest. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl add in 1 cup of parmesan cheese and 2 eggs. Slightly season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet with high sides add in the vegetable and pancetta. Keeping the heat on medium cook the pancetta until crispy, about 4-5 minutes stirring often. Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked pancetta into a clean plate.
- Into the same skillet using the fat from the pancetta add in the sliced chicken. Lightly season with salt and pepper and cook until chicken is fully cooked through, about 3 minutes or so on each side. Remove and place on a clean plate
- Into the same skillet add in the chopped onions. Cook 3-5 minutes or until onions are golden brown and cooked through.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds.
- Into the skillet add back in the chicken and pancetta. Toss slightly to mix together and then add in the cooked pasta. Shut the heat off.
- Pour the parmesan mixture over the pasta and start to mix well. If mixture is thick add in the cooked pasta water and continue mixing until the noodles are covered in the parmesan mixture.
- Top with fresh parsley (optional) and enjoy!