Prep time: 8-10 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 2 pints Cherry tomatoes
- 1 solid block Feta cheese
- 12 ounces pasta of your choice
- 4 shallots (1 diced/ 3 left whole)
- 4 garlic cloves (1 diced/ 3 left whole)
- 1 tsp salt (additional needed for pasta water)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil roughly chopped
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized casserole dish add in the cherry tomatoes.
- Add in diced shallot and garlic, leave the whole pieces aside, we will need those later.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and dried basil. Mix well using a spatula or my favorite tool, your hands.
- In the center of the dish place your block of feta cheese.
- Take the whole pieces of garlic and shallots and snuggle those in between the tomatoes.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until cheese is slighlty golden brown.
- In the meantime cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- Once tomatoes and cheese are done break the cheese up with a spoon and mix with the softened blistered tomatoes. Once your mixture is smooth add in your cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Top with fresh basil and ENJOY!