Ahhh potatoes! My secret love language. Fried, baked, or mashed doesn’t matter, I want it! These especially. This recipe was inspired by my baby hassle back potato recipe. I love the concept but execution took a while. Rather than worrying about slitting slices in tiny potatoes why not just cut them into slices and cut out half the work.
Growing up we ate potatoes with everything, perhaps that where my love of spuds came from. In case you didn’t know Polish people are very much meat and potatoes kind of people, so can you blame me if I can’t enjoy a dish without a potato on it? If you are on the same page as me then you will love these. You can enjoy as a side or appetizer/ snack and I guarantee you that you will leave your dinner table very satisfied. So let’s get to cooking and enjoy the one thing that this mama can’t live without!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium sized baking potatoes cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 5 pieces of bacon
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2-3 pieces green onion diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with some aluminum foil.
- Place your bacon on the baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until your desired crispness.
- Once fully cooked crumble or cut into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add in you sliced potatoes. Coat with olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Using a clean baking sheet place the potato slices in a single layer. Bake 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Once fully cooked take out of the oven and top with shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with sour cream, bacon pieces, and green onions.
- Plate and ENJOY!