Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/3- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray (if using a home grill pan)
- American cheese slices (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl add in your in black beans and using the back of a fork mash your beans to your desired consistency.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, cumin, onion powdered pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Using your hand mash the mixture together until everything is nicely combined.
- Taking about 1/2 cup of the mixture at a time start forming the mixture into round patties about 1/2 inch- 2/3 thick.
- Cook right away on a grill or a home grill pan (if using a grill pan spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray) for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Top with cheese about 1 minute before removing from grill and ENJOY!