Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 17-20 minutes
- 3 cups flour sifted
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk (at room temperature)
- 6 tbs melted butter
- 1 tbs baking soda sifted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs hot water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Desired sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl sift your flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in your eggs, vanilla extract and sugar. Using a hand held mixer, mix the eggs and sugar until pale in color and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the milk while mixing the whole time.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and alternating it with the melted butter until both are combined with the egg.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of batter per cookie and leaving about 1 1/2 inch of space between each cookie (they will flatten and get bigger).
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool completely.
- To make the icing combine all the icing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Using a hand held mixer mix the ingredients until it is smooth and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Place a spoon full of frosting over each cookie and top with desired sprinkles. Let the icing set and ENJOY!