Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 small head of cabbage cut into small pieces
- 1 link kielabasa cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs chopped dill
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 5 medium sized potatoes diced
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 5-6 pieces all spice
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add in the chopped cabbage to a medium sized pot. Cover with water and cook until the cabbage has softened about (15 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- In a small skillet add in the vegetable oil and onions. Cook 4-5 minutes or until onions soften and become translucent.
- In a medium pot add in the chicken broth. Place on the stove and bring to a boil. Add in the potatoes, drained cabbage, carrots, and cooked onions. Mix well.
- Add in the bay leaves, all spice, salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet as you had the onions add in your kielbasa. Sautee for a few minutes just to slightly char the sides of the kielbasa.
- Add the kielbasa into the pot.
- In a mixing bowl or cup combine the tomato paste and water. Mix to create a runny sauce and pour it into the soup pot. Mix well to combine and cook 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked through.
- Add in the dill mix well and ENJOY!