Prep time: 15 minnutes
Cook time:1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled and boiled (if large cut in half, if small leave whole)
- 2 links kielbasa cubed
- 3 onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the tomato sauce, egg, marjoram, salt, pepper and shredded mozzarella. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet add in the cubed kielbasa and keeping the heat on medium high cook for a few minutes, just long enough to release some of the fat.
- In a smaller skillet add in the vegetable oil and onions. Cook until onions become soft and translucent.
- Add the cooked onions to the kielbasa and mix well. Set aside.
- Taking one potato at a time start to thickly slice them (into about 1/2 inch or so) and in a greased casserole dish (12.75 x 7.75 x 2.60) start to layer them.
- Top with 1/2 of the kielbasa and onion mixture and then 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Do another layer of potatoes, kielbasa and cheese mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Let rest for a few minutes and then enjoy!