Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time:45-50 minutes
Rest time: 2- 12 hours
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 4 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tbs poultry seasoning (store bought or my homemade below)
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs vegetable oil (additional 1 tbs needed for spinach)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl combine poultry seasoning, smoked paprika, soy sauce, 2 tbs vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Taking 1 chicken breast at a time cut into slits (about 1 inch apart) stopping right before you fully cut through the chicken. Watch video for visual.
- Taking one piece of chicken at a time coat the chicken in the rub, making sure to get into the cuts of the chicken.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or even better overnight.
- Once you are ready to cook the chicken preheat the oven to 385 degrees F.
- In a medium sized skillet add in the additional 1 tbs of vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium high add in the garlic and cook for about 60 seconds or until garlic turns golden brown and becomes fragrant.
- Add in the chopped spinach and cook until spinach wilts down.
- Transfer the chicken onto a greased baking sheet.
- Into a mixing bowl add in the ricotta cheese along with the spinach and garlic. Mix well.
- Taking each piece of chicken stuff the ricotta mixture into the cuts of the chicken, making sure that you are using enough to last for 3 chicken breasts.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Depending on the thickness of the chicken times may vary.
- Top with fresh parsley (optional) and ENJOY!
Poultry seasoning materials:
- 2 tbs. garlic powder
- 2 tbs. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 1 tbs. dried thyme
- 1 tbs. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Poultry seasoning process:
- In a small jar or container combine all the above ingredients. Use what you need and store the rest in a closed container.