Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 3 sub rolls opened
- 6 tbs butter (salted or unsalted are fine)
- 2 large onions cut into quarters
- 8 oz white mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ketchup (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add in the vegetable oil and onions. Cook 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally until onions become translucent and cooked through.
3. Add in the mushrooms and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Season with salt and pepper and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Place your rolls face side up on a flat surface. Spread one tbs of butter on each piece of bread. Top with onion and mushroom mixture, and then top it off with some mozzarella cheese.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until the cheese becomes golden and melted.
7. Remove from the oven and top with ketchup (optional).
8. Plate and ENJOY!