Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb linguini
- 8 large garlic cloves diced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup diced parsley (additional needed for garnish)
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbs dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Cook the linguini according to package instructions in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet with high sides add in the olive oil. Keeping the heat on medium high wait for the oil to become nice and hot. Add in the garlic and cook for about 60 seconds or until it starts to become golden brown.
- Add in the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Add in the lemon juice and cook 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are almost fully cooked through.
- Add in the chopped pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the diced parsley and stir well to combine.
- Add in the tomato paste and warm water. Mix well to coat everything in the sauce and making sure the tomato paste and water become one sauce.
- Season with basil and oregano. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add in the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Plate, garnish with fresh parsley and ENJOY!