Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (extract or vanilia)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 medium apples (diced into cubes)
- 1 tbs vegetable oil (additional needed for frying)
- Powdered sugar for topping
- In a mixing bowl add in whole milk, salt and eggs. Using a hand held whisk break the eggs up and incorporate them into the milk.
- add in your vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix to incorporate the dry into the wet.
- Add in the vegetable oil and continue to mix.
- Fold in your apples.
- In a skillet add in enough oil to cover about 1 cm of your skillet.
- Keeping the heat on medium/low allow the oil to heat up.
- Once the oil is hot scoop in about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter per each fritter. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are fully cooked through.
- Place the fritters on a paper towel lined plate to allow the oil to be absorbed.
- Top with powdered sugar and ENJOY!