Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
- 4 1/2-5 lb. butt pork roast
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pepper chopped
- 14 oz white mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the tomato, onion, pepper and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic salt, paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place your pork roast on a clean flat work surface. Using a knife cut into the pork almost all the way through (leaving about an inch from the bottom). Cut vertically then horizontally making about 1 inch squares (watch video for visual).
- Pour the vegetable oil all over the roast and massage into the slits. Taking your spice blend rub that all over the roast, again rubbing it in all of the cuts.
- Top the roast with the veggies tucking some into the crevices of the pork.
- Top with aluminum foil and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the pork is fully cooked through (about 145 degrees F if you are using a meat thermometer).
- Let the meat rest for about 15 minutes and then ENJOY!