Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 lbs. granny smith apples (sliced)
- 2-3 sleeves Lady Fingers
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 oz lemon Jell-O
- 2 packets Gelatin (along with 1/3 cup warm water)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Milk chocolate
- In a large soup pot add in the sliced apples and 1/4 cup of water. Keeping the heat on medium low cook the apples until they soften and become mushy (about 15-20 minutes), stirring every few minutes.
- Once the apples have cooked down mash the apples to make them as smooth as you can.
- Add in 6 oz of Jell-O (in powder form) and mix well into the apples.
- In a large spring form pan (14 x 9.3 x 3) place a layer of lady fingers. If you need to cut or break some apart to fit snuggly please do so.
- Pour the apple mixture over the lady fingers. Smooth the mixture out and set aside to cool.
- In a glass or measuring cup add in 2 packets of Gelatin. Pour in 1/3 cup of warm water and mix thoroughly until the gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the heavy whipping cream and sugar. Using a hand held mixer whip the mixture until stiff peaks appear.
- Pour in the dissolved gelatin and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled apple mixture and smooth out evenly.
- Grate some milk chocolate over the top and place in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours to set.
- Cut up and ENJOY!