Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 4 slices of Italian sandwich bread
- 2 onions diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (additional 1 cup for dipping)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl add in your sandwich bread and cover completely with hot water. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet add in 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil and the diced onion. Cook 4-5 minutes over medium heat until the onions become golden brown and soft. Set aside.
- In a deep dish or plate add in 1 cup of bread crumbs and dried parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the ground pork.
- Taking the bread from the water squeeze out all of the moisture and place it into the bowl with the ground pork.
- Add in the eggs, potato starch, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, sauteed onion, salt and pepper. Using clean hands mix everything together.
- Taking about 1/2 cup of the mixture start to form a flat patti about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the patti into the bread crumb/ parley mixture, making sure to coat the outside of the whole patti.
- In the same skillet that you used for the onions add in the remaining 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Keeping the heat on medium/low let the oil heat up (oil is ready when you place the top of a wooden spoon into the oil and it starts to bubble) and place 3-4 patti’s in the oil at a time.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on one side and then flip the patti over. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the fully cooked through.
- Plate and ENJOY!