Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 8 x 8 inch pan with some non stick cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs and sugar. Using a hand held mixer mix until the mixture becomes fluffy and pale in color. Be patient because this may take a few minutes.
- Add in the milk and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Finally add in the vegetable oil. Mix only long enough to incorporate the oil into the batter.
- Pour 90% of the mixture into the pan leaving the remainder in the mixing bowl.
- Into the remaining batter add in the cocoa powder. Using a spatula mix until the cocoa powder is incorporated in the batter.
- Taking spoon fulls of the chocolate mixture place the dallops on top of the vanilla batter (watch video for visual).
- Taking a skewer or a butter knife start to swirl the chocolate into the vanilla batter (again watch video for visual).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, cut and ENJOY!