Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30- 40 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 peppers of your choice chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves diced
- 2 stalks of celery cut into half moons
- 1 cup tomato sauce (rinse cup with a little water and also add that in)
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. cumin or curry (tried recipe with both and tasted great)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl add in the chopped chicken breasts and season with salt, pepper, paprika and cumin (or curry). Mix well.
- In a skillet with high sides add in a few tbsp. of vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium add in diced chicken. Cook 4-6 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked through) stirring often. Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and place in a clean bowl or plate.
- In the same skillet add in a few additional tbsp. of oil and diced onion. Keeping the heat on medium cook for a few minutes until the onions become golden brown.
- Add in the diced garlic and cook for about 60 seconds or until the garlic starts to become golden brown.
- Add in the celery and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes until the peppers and celery cook down.
- Add in the tomato sauce and into the same cup or can the sauce was in add in a bit of water to make sure to clear off all the sauce from the edges. Pour the water into the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Add the cooked chicken back in along with the white rice. Stir well to combine and pour in the 4 cups of water. Mix well, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked through.
- Plate and ENJOY!