Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 2 large tomatoes (peeled) sliced
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously.
- Add in cauliflower and broccoli and boil for 8 minutes. Drain and place in a large casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a small skillet add in 2 tbsp. of the vegetable oil and chopped onion. Keeping the heat on medium high cook the onions until they become translucent and soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Pour the cooked onions over the cooked broccoli and cauliflower, then top those with the sliced peppers and tomatoes.
- In a mixing bowl add in the eggs. Using a hand held whisk mix the eggs to break up the yolks.
- While mixing start to slowly add in the remaining 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Gradually start to add in the flour making sure to continue to whisk.
- Once the flour is fully incorporated start to gradually add in the milk. Mix well and season with salt, pepper, oregano and fresh parsley. Once everything is mixed together pour the mixture over the all the veggies.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before enjoying.