Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes- 2 hours
- 2 lbs pork butt (I’ve also make this with pork shoulder and it was 👌)
- 6 large russet potatoes cubed
- 3 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 4 onions cut into half moons
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2-1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 4-5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl or cup add in the flour and water. Mix well. The consistency should resemble liquid glue. Set aside.
- In a skillet with high sides (and one that is also oven safe) add in the vegetable oil.
- Keeping the heat on medium high add in the cubed pork. Cook 4-5 minutes or until the pork is nicely browned on the outside.
- Add in the potatoes and season generously with salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the carrot, celery, and onions. Gently stir to combine.
- Season with soy sauce, curry powder, paprika, and oregano. Mix well to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce. Add in some water to the cup from the sauce to make sure all the sauce is in the pan. Mix well and season with pepper.
- Add in the flour water mixture and make sure it is incorporated nicely with the pork and veggies.
- Cover with an oven safe cover and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Let rest for a few minutes and ENJOY!