Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 lb. pork chops
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. veg oil (additional needed for frying)
- 1/2 cup flour (additional 1 tbsp for gravy)
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1 cup water
- In a small mixing bowl combine the oregano, basil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 3 tbsp. vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Coat each pork chop with the oil mixture and place in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours but best over night.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet add in enough vegetable oil to coat about 1 inch of the pan. Keeping the heat on medium high let the oil heat up.
- Place 1/2 cup of flour in a dish or plate. Season with a sprinkle of salt.
- Coat the marinated pork chop in the flour and place in the heated oil. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until they are lightly golden.
- Place the pork chops in casserole dish.
- Using the same pan add in the diced garlic into the pork chop fat. Cook 60-90 seconds and add in a tbsp. of flour.
- Cook and continuously mix for one minute.
- Add in 1 cup of water and mix well until it thickens.
- Pour the thickened mixture over the pork chops. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pork chops are fully cooked through.