Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 10-12 strawberries halved
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup potato starch sifted
- 1 tbsp. baking powder sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a rectangular (about 13 x 8 inch) cake pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in your sifted flour, sifted potato starch, sifted baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the eggs and sugar. Using an electric hand held mixer mix until the mixture is pale in color and fluffy. Be patient this can take up to 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable oil and continue to mix until the oil is incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix in using a hand held whisk or spatula. Be careful not to overmix so that you don’t deflate the eggs.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan.
- Taking the strawberries lightly place them cut side down into the batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let cool, dust with powdered sugar, and ENJOY!