Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 package spaghetti (8 ounces)
- 3 spicy Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 24 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp. marjoram
- Salt/ Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Add in the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet with high sides add in the Italian sausage and cook until the sausage is cooked through, making sure to break up the sausage as much as possible.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked sausage into a clean plate leaving behind the rendered fat.
- Into the same skillet add in the onion and cook 3-4 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add in the garlic and cook stirring often for about 60 seconds.
- Add in the peppers and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Lowering the heat to medium add in the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, oregano, marjoram, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook 4-5 minutes stirring occasioanlly.
- Taking the spaghetti straight from the pot add them into the tomato sauce.
- Add the cooked sausage back in and mix well to combine everything together.
- Turn the heat off, add parmesan cheese (optional), plate and ENJOY!