I am so glad to finally share this with you. Although this is more of a roadmap rather than a recipe, these sandwiches take me straight to my childhood. Growing up in Poland this was a staple on our breakfast tables every Sunday and I am now incorporating the same traditions with my son. Most of the ingredients came straight from our farm and other than the type of meat we’d buy everything else we either grew or made (and of course we had fresh eggs from our chickens). So whether you make these for breakfast, lunch or dinner I hope you stay open minded and learn not only about my culture but mainly more about ME!
Since the amount of ingredients will depend on how many sandwiches you make I am going to list what you need, however you will have to decide how much of it you will need.
- Sandwich bread of your choice (I always use bread from my local Polish bakery)
- Cucumber (I also sometimes use pickles especially in fall and winter)
- Dill (diced)
- Salt/ Pepper to taste
- Butter your slice of bread and if large cut in half.
- Top with sliced egg, tomato, cucumber and kielbasa.
- Season with salt, pepper and dill.
- Plate and enjoy right away or cover with plastic wrap and enjoy the next morning.