Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time:6-8 minutes
- 1 large zucchini grated
- 2 small/ medium sized carrots grated
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt/ pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying (amount will vary per pan size)
- Grate the zucchini into a medium sized mixing bowl and add a generous pinch of salt. Set aside for for 8-10 minutes so the zucchini can release its liquid.
- In a fresh medium sized mixing bowl grate in the carrot and garlic. Add in the diced onion.
- Taking one handful of the grated zucchini at a time squeeze out as much moisture as possible and place in the bowl with the carrots.
- Add in the eggs, sour cream, semolina, all-purpose flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a skillet add in enough oil to coat about 1/2 inch of the bottom.
- Once the oil is hot enough to fry turn the heat to medium and add in about 1/3 cup of the zucchini mixture.
- Fry 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the oil.
- Plate, top with some sour cream (optional) and enjoy!