Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups flour sifted (additional needed for dusting)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- On a clean work surface (or into a standing mixer with a paddle attachment) add in your sifted flour and sugar.
- Add in the butter and chop it into the flour.
- Make a small well in the center and add in the egg and egg yolks. Using your hands start to knead the dough until it comes together and is no longer sticky.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and divide it into 2.
- Slightly flour a clean work surface and place 1 half of the dough on the flour. Roll out the dough into about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out your desired shapes and place on a baking sheet lined with some parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottoms and edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- In a bowl add in all the icing ingredients.
- Cover the cookies in icing, let set and ENJOY!