Prep time: 25-30 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes per batch
- 1 block cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 4 green onions diced
- 32 oz. imitation crab chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying (amount will vary depending on skillet size)
- 1 package Wonton wrappers
- Small bowl of water
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the cream cheese, onion, green onion and crab. Mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix making sure the salt and pepper are incorporated.
- Taking one wonton wrapper at a time place a tbsp. sized amount of the crab mixture in the middle.
- Taking a pastry brush or you finger coat the edges of the wrapper in a light coating of water.
- Fold the wrapper in half to make a diamond shape and squeeze the edges together to seal the wonton wrappers.
- Set aside until you are done.
- In a skillet with high sides or medium sized sauce pan add in enough oil to coat about 1 1/2-2 inches of the bottom.
- Heat the oil up. Keeping the heat on medium add in a few rangoons at a time.\
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Plate and ENJOY!