Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 5-6 cups mashed potatoes (I used left overs)
- 5-6 hotdogs chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley diced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. potato starch
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a small skillet add in a tbsp. or two of vegetable oil and the chopped onion. Cook for a few minutes on medium heat until the onions are tranlucent and the onions are fully cooked through. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add in the mashed potatoes (if using leftover heat slightly in the microwave and use a mixer to break the potatoes up), hotdogs, cooked onion, parsley, flour, potato starch, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a medium sized dish add in the bread crumbs. Taking about 1/2 cup of the mixture at a time start to make patties about 3/4-1 inch thick. Dip the patties in bread crumbs and set aside. Continue to do this until the mixture is completely done.
- In a skillet add in enough oil to cover about 1/4 inch of the bottom.
- Let the oil heat up and then lower the temperature to medium. Place in a few of the patties at a time and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until they are fully warmed through and golden brown.
- Plate and ENJOY!