Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-23 minutes
- 1 ½ ounce fresh yeast or 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 500 g flour sifted
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup warm milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lb. farmers cheese
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. water
- In a mixing bowl or larger measuring cup add in the warm milk, fresh yeast and 2 tbsp. of sugar. Mix well and set aside for the yeast to bloom.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a hook attachment add in the flour, remaining sugar, eggs and egg yolks, melted butter and yeast mixture. Turn the mixer on low and start to incorporate the ingredients. Mix for 6-8 minutes on low until the mixture is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place to rise.
- In the meantime combine the farmers cheese, egg yolks, butter and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl combine all the crumble materials. Either using your hand or the back of a fork start to mash up the mixture until it starts to resemble wet sand.
- Once the dough has risen take a glass or anything with a flat round bottom and dip it in some flour.
- Place the glass on top of the dough and make an indent in the middle of the dough.
- Place the cheese mixture inside of the indent.
- Top with a fresh raspberry and sprinkle with some of the crumble topping.
- In a small bowl combine 1 egg and 2 tbsp. of water. Using a pastry brush or your fingers brush the mixture on the visible part of the dough.
- Set aside to rise again while you preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until fully cooked through, let cool completely and ENJOY!