Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5-6 minutes per batch
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- ½ cup beer
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the chicken.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and poultry seasoning. Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- After the 15-20 minutes remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Into the bowl with the chicken add in the baking powder, flour, potato starch, egg and beer. Mix well and set aside while you prep the oil and skillet.
- In a skillet add in about 1 cm of vegetable oil.
- Keeping the heat on medium/ low let the oil heat up (you know the oil is ready when you place the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil and the oil starts to bubble around the spoon).
- Once the oil has come to temperature add in a spoon full of the mixture into the hot oil, leaving about 1 inch of space between each chicken mixture.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side (or until fully cooked through).
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil.
- Plate and ENJOY!