Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 packages gnocchi
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ½ tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the chicken, poultry seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the chicken for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a skillet with high sides add in enough oil to slightly coat the bottom.
- Keeping the heat on medium, add in the chicken and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through, making sure to stir occasionally. Time will depend on the size of the chicken, mine cooked for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place into a clean bowl.
- Into the same skillet add in a little bit more oil.
- Add in the onion and cook until the onion becomes soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook stirring constantly for about 60 seconds, or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the bell pepper and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add in the water and add the cooked chicken back in.
- Give the mixture a good stir and add in the tomato sauce.
- Add in the sugar, red pepper flakes and additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and lower the heat to low. Continue to cook while the gnocchi is cooking.
- Fill a large pot with water and salt generously. Bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add in the gnocchi and cook until the gnocchi floats up.
- Add the cooked gnocchi into the chicken mixture.
- Stir well to combine, remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Plate and ENJOY!