Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups flour sifted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk milk at room temperature
- 1 egg at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup apple butter
- Powdered sugar for dusting when finished baking (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tin with some cupcake liners, set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add in the milk, vegetable oil and egg. Using a hand held whisk, mix until everything is incorporated.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the batter into each cupcake liner.
- Place a dollop of the apple butter into the batter.
- Top with an additional 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until muffins are fully cooked through.
- Let cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.