Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 1.5-2 hours
- 1.5- 2 lb. pork loin
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 4-5 tbsp. veg oil, additional needed for frying, greasing and veggies
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 garlic cloves diced
- 4-5 large potatoes chopped into large cubes
- 3-4 large carrots chopped
- In a small mixing bowl add in soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Take your pork loin and using a fork or a knife poke some holes in your pork.
- Pour the sauce over the pork and using your hands try to rub the marinade into the pork as much as you can.
- Place into the fridge while you cut up your veggies.
- Coat the potatoes with a few tbsp. of vegetable oil and season the chopped veggies with some
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a large casserole dish with some oil and set aside.
- Into a large skillet add in some vegetable oil and let the pan heat up.
- Keeping the heat on medium, add in the marinated pork. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer the pork into the greased casserole dish along with any of the juices that may have rendered.
- Also add in the marinade mixture that may have been left behind in your mixing bowl.
- Place the veggies all around the pork.
- Cover the pork and veggies with some aluminum foil and bake for 1.5-2 hours or until pork is fully cooked through and tender (time may vary slightly depending on the size of the pork loin).
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes before serving.