Make sure to check out the video down at the bottom!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. elbow noodles (or whatever type you’d like)
- 4 tbs. butter
- 4 tbs. flour
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 shredded asiago cheese
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of panko
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a small pan crisp up your bacon and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water with a generous pinch of salt to a boil. Cook your pasta according to box instructions and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan with high sides, on medium high heat, add in your butter. Once the butter melts add in the garlic and cook for a minute or so.
- Once the butter is sizzling add in the flour. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon for a minute or two, to create a roux.
- Add in your milk and keep stirring for about 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add in the mascarpone cheese, mozzarella, asiago, and parmesan cheese. Keep stirring until the mixture has nicely melted. Add in a dash of salt and the pepper.
- Taking your noodles add them into the cheese mixture and combine everything together.
- Pour the cheese and noodle mixture into your casserole dish. Top with panko and bacon and bake for 30 minutes or until the top becomes nice and golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and ENJOY!!!!