Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-17 minutes
- 2 large carrots finely grated
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup margarine softened (use unsalted butter if can’t find margarine)
- 2 tbs. baking powder
- 1 package marmalade ( cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a standing mixer using a dough hook attachment combine the flour, margarine, and baking powder. You can also knead the dough by hand.
- Add in grated carrots. Continue to mix until the dough has come together.
- Pour the dough out onto a clean surface and continue to work the dough until it no longer feels tacky. You may need to add additional flour.
- Form the dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (I often leave it overnight)
- Remove dough from the fridge about 10 minutes before working with the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Cut your dough in half and roll the dough out to about 1/4- 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut the dough into squares about 2×2 inch.
- Place a piece of marmalade into the center of the dough. Fold the dough diagonally in half to form a diamond. Taking the back of your fork pinch the edges together. (Watch video for better visual).
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until bottoms turn golden brown. Cool slightly. Roll in the powdered sugar and ENJOY!