Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 1/2 hours (longer if turkey is bigger)
- 10-12 lb. turkey (dry and insides removed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 large carrots cut into 4’s
- 2 large onions cut into 4’s
- 4 celery stalks cut into 4’s
- 1 garlic bulb (top cut off)
- 2 lemons cut in half
- 1 tsp. diced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. diced fresh thyme
- 2-3 large garlic cloves diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth (optional for basting)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a large turkey pan place the chopped onion, carrots, and celery.
- Top with dry turkey. Place the lemons and garlic bulb into the cavity of the turkey.
- Using your hand start to separate the skin from the meat of the turkey (watch video for visual).
- Taking your butter mixture start to stuff it under the skin of the turkey. Take the remaining butter and massage it over the top of the turkey.
- Tie the legs together and stuff the wings under your bird.
- If using broth pour into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 2 1/2 hours (if turkey is larger than 12 lbs add 15 minutes for each additional lb).
- Remove turkey from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 20-30 minutes.