Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 13-15 minutes
Makes about 18 mini pies
- 2 pie crusts
- 2 cups chopped apples (I used 3 Cortland apples)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup sugar (plus more for topping)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. flour
- Caramel candies cut into small pieces (as little or as much as you’d like, I used 6)
- 1 egg w/ tsp. of water for egg wash
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the apples, lemon juice, orange zest, sugar, pumpkin spice, salt, and flour. Mix well and set aside.
- On a clean lightly floured surface place down one pie crust at a time. Using a rolling pin smooth the crust out and make it slightly thinner.
- Using a round glass or cookie cutter cut out circles and place them on your baking sheet. Remember to leave enough circles to top each mini pie.
- Place about a tbs. of the filling into the middle of each circle, followed by a few pieces of your cut up caramel.
- Top each pie with another circle and pat down on the sides to cover the apples.
- Taking the back of a fork make a design around the outside of the pie (watch video for visual).
- Make 2-3 air holes in each pie, brush with your egg wash, and finally top off with a sprinkle of sugar.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and ENJOY!