Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60-65 minutes
- About 18 large mushrooms (Baby Bella’s or white button mushrooms work great)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links
- 2 tbs. Marsala wine
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tbs. chopped parsley
- 2/3 tbs. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper (for easy clean up 😉).
- Take a damp paper towel or kitchen towel and clean off your mushrooms. Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Dice the stems and set them aside.
- Add some olive oil to a skillet and on medium heat add in the sausage links. Cook the sausage 4-5 minutes breaking it up with your wooden spoon until it’s fully cooked through.
- Add in the diced mushroom stems along with the Marsala wine. Cook until stems cook down and wine evaporates.
- Add in garlic and cook for about 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in panko crumbs and mix well.
- Shut the heat off and add in the parsley, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Mix well.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil onto your baking sheet.
- Taking one mushroom at a time place a tbs. or two of the mixture (depending on size of mushrooms) into the mushroom. You want to build a small mound in the mushroom (check out video for visual). Continue to do this until your mushrooms are all gone.
- Sprinkle a bit of shredded parm over each mushroom and bake for 50 minutes or until mushrooms are fully cooked through and tops are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove, plate, and Enjoy 😉