Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 3 green or red bell peppers
- 2 sausage links casings removed (I used spicy Italian but any will do)
- 1 onion sliced
- 6-8 baby bella or white mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and Pepper taste
- 3-4 tbs. vegetable oil or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Set aside.
- Taking one pepper at a time remove the top of the pepper and the inside seeds. Set aside. If the top of your peppers have some “meaty goodness” in other words their is still some pepper on their then chop those up to add to the filling.
- In a skillet add in the oil and keeping the heat over medium/ high let the oil heat up. Add in the sausage links and using a wooden spoon start breaking the sausage apart. Cook 3-5 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked through. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and put into a mixing bowl.
- Using the same skillet add in the onions and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook 2-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in chopped up peppers and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to leave behind as much of the oil as possible and place in the same mixing bowl as the sausage.
- Into the same bowl add in the eggs, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well. Add in a majority of the cheese leaving behind 2-3 tbs. to sprinkle over the top.
- After everything is mixed well scoop the mixture into your peppers. Top with the remaining cheese and bake 35-45 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked through.
- Let set for a few minutes and ENJOY!