Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Bread of your choice cut into slices (4-5)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil (additional for bread slices)
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet place your bread slices. Brush your bread slices with some vegetable oil and bake 5-7 minutes or until bread is crispy and golden around the edges.
- In a small mixing bowl combine your chickpeas, vegetable oil, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the coated chickpeas to a skillet over medium high heat. Cook stirring occasionally until chickpeas become slightly crispy (5-7 minutes). Set chickpeas aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate mixing bowl add in your avocado. Using the back of a fork mash up the avocado to your desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper, and 1 tbs. lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Once the bread slices are ready spread your mashed avocado over each bread slice. Top with tomato slices, and a spoon full of chickpeas. Sprinkle with some lemon juice and top with fresh parsley.