Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 6 oz bar chocolate of your choice (I use milk) broken up into bite size pieces
- 8-10 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter for coating pan
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine milk, heavy cream, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Coat a medium sized casserole dish with some unsalted butter to prevent sticking.
- Taking one piece of bread at a time dip the bread in the milk mixture and place into your casserole dish. Do this until you form a layer of bread on the bottom.
- Top with a layer of chocolate and a layer of strawberries. If you don’t use all the strawberries save them to garnish your casserole.
- Top the casserole with one more layer of bread slices that were dipped in the milk mixture.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the top of the casserole. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- When ready to bake preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the casserole for about 35 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let sit for a few minutes to set and ENJOY!
- Top with additional maple syrup if desired.