Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 3 cups 1 day old white rice
- 1 large onion cut into half moons
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 2 links Chinese sausage cut into thin slices
- 2 eggs slightly scrambled
- 1/2 tbs. hoison sauce
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs. fish sauce
- White pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl combine the hoison sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, and white pepper.
- In a wok or skillet with high sides add in your sliced sausage. Keeping the heat on medium cook the sausage until fully cooked through stirring often. Depending on how thick you cut the sausage it may vary in cooking time. Typically mine cook 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cooked sausage and place on a clean plate.
- Using the fat rendered from the sausage add in the sliced onions and cook 2-3 minutes or until partially cooked through.
- Add in the diced garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Moving the onions and garlic to one side of the pan add in the slightly scrambled eggs (watch video for visual).
- Cook the eggs 1-2 minutes until fully cooked through and mix into the onion and garlic mixture.
- Add in the day old cooked rice and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the rice and mix well making sure to coat the rice in the sauce.
- Add in the cooked sausage and stir it into the rice.
- Remove the pan off the heat, plate your rice, and enjoy!