Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: Follow instructions on Crescent Roll tube
- 3 small (or 2 large) apples diced (try to use a baking apple such as Macintosh)
- 1 can of Crescent Rolls
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (additional few tbs for top)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg with 1 tbs cold water for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to the instructions on your Crescent Roll tube.
- In a mixing bowl combine the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Place the crescent rolls on the baking sheet without pulling them apart.
- Using your fingers pinch the seams of the dough together.
- Taking a knife or pizza cutter slit lines on each side of the dough on a slight diagnial, making sure to leave about 2-3 inch of space in the middle (watch video for visual).
- Place the apple mixture in the center of the dough. Taking one slice from each side start to put them together towards the middle (watch video for better explanation). Do this until all the slices are paired up.
- In a small bowl or dish add in the egg and water. Mix together and taking a parsty brush, brush the top of the apple strudel. Top with some additional brown sugar (as little or as much as you’d like) and bake according to Crescent Roll package directions.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!