Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: Varies depending on tator tot packaging
- 1 28 ounce package (or somewhat close) of tator tots
- 5 pieces of bacon chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs. onion powder
- 2 tbs. garlic salt
- 2 tbs. paprika
- Sour cream to taste
- Preheat the oven to the instructions on the package of tator tots.
- Place the tator tots in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat the tots in onion powder, garlic salt, and paprika. Bake according to package instructions.
- In the meantime add your bacon into a small skillet over medium heat, and fry it up until it is crispy (making sure to stir often).
- Set aside the crispy bacon.
- Once the tator tots are crispy and fully cooked through remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese and crispy bacon.
- Place back in the oven and bake 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with desired amount of sour cream and enjoy.