Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 16oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 8-10 drops green food coloring (add more if you want a deeper green color and less if too green)
- Black frosting (I like to buy one in a tube but you can buy a tub and put it in a piping bag)
- Eye ball candies
- Semi- sweet chocolate chips
- In a baking pan with higher sides place a piece of alluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a soup pot over medium heat add in your butter. Cook until butter is completely melted.
- Add in the mini marshmallows stirring constantly untill the marshmallows melt and become one gooey mess.
- Add in desired amount of food coloring. Stir to combine until color is fully incorporated.
- Add in rice cereal and mix well to coat the cereal in the melted marshmallow.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and pat it to about 1 inch thickness. Set aside so the mixture can set.
- Once the mixture is set (in about a few hours) remove the set mixture with the alluminum foil.
- Cut into rectangular pieces (however large or small you’d like).
- Taking your chocolate frosting draw some hair on the top of the rectangle. Place two eye balls below the hair, and a mouth towards the bottom of the rectangle. Watch the video below for a better visual.
- Take two chocolate chips and place on either side of the top of the head.
- Plate the treats and ENJOY!