Prep time: 15 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook time: 55-65 minutes
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tbs instant yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (additional flour for dusting)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- In a cup or bowl add in warm water, sugar, and instant yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes for the yeast to get frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the salt and all purpose flour.
- Once the yeast is frothy pour it into the flour mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon mix the flour mixture. You want to just mix the mixture until the flour is incorporated with the water. The mixture will be very sticky so do not panic.
- Cover the dough with a clean lint free kitchen towel and set aside for an hour or until the mixture doubles in size.
- After an hour place an empty dutch oven pan into a preheating oven which you should preheat to 450 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating gently flour a clean work surface and place your dough on that surface. Using your hands start to knead the dough slightly towards the center. Place the garlic cloves into the bread mixture making sure they are covered by the dough.
- Lightly flour the bowl you took the dough out of and place it back in the bowl garlic side down. Cover once again with a kitchen towel and let rest until the oven preheats.
- Once the oven preheats remove the dutch oven from the oven. Gently place the dough garlic side up into the pan. Please be extremely careful as the pan will be extremely careful. Make sure to use oven mitts to remove and place the pan into and out of the oven.
- Bake 45-50 minutes covered with a lid and then remove the lid and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Slice and enjoy!