Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 lbs red potatoes scrubbed and quartered with the skin on
- 1 tbs salt
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 head of garlic top cut off
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your head of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with the piece of aluminum foil (almost rolling it into a ball).
- Bake 1 hour- 1hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- While the garlic is cooling place your quartered potatoes into a pot and cover with cold water. Make sure the water is about 1 inch above the potatoes.
- Salt generously (about 1 tbs) and cook until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked through drain the water.
- Into to the drained potatoes add in the cooled garlic cloves. Only add in the cloves not the skin of the garlic. Using a potato masher, mash the garlic and potatoes together until smooth.
- Add in unsalted butter and mix until it is melted.
- Finish off with the heavy cream. Start with 1/4 cup and add more if needed. Check for flavor (see if you need more salt), mix well and ENJOY!