Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Rest time: 2-3 hours
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate candies of your choice
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a single layer of saltine crackers over the parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pan add in the butter and sugar. Keeping the heat on medium start to cook the mixture until the butter and sugar are incorporated. Once the mixture starts to bubble cook it for about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- After 3 minutes pour the mixture over the saltine crackers. Spread it carefully over the crackers making sure to cover all the saltines. Please be very careful as melted sugar burns the skin badly. Never directly put your hand over the mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Set aside for the mixture to cool slightly. In the meantime preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Once the oven preheats pour the chocolate chips over the toffee mixture and bake 3-4 minutes or until the chips are soft enough to spread easily.
- Smooth the chocolate over the toffee and top with your chocolate candies.
- Place in the fridge to cool for a few hours. Break the bark into desired pieces (I used a knife to cut some and broke the remainder with my hands) and ENJOY!