Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 box of pasta of your choice
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbs dried mustard
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- Salt/ pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbs unsalted butter softened
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Salt generously and add in your dried pasta. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes or so.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet with high sides add in your unsalted butter. Keeping the heat on medium let your butter melt.
- Add in the flour and cook mixing constantly for about 60-90 seconds.
- Add in the whole milk and mix until the mixture thickens.
- Season with salt, pepper, and ground mustard. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the shredded cheese and mix well until the mixture becomes one cheesy smooth mixture.
- Remove from the heat and add in the cooked pasta. Mix well to coat all the noodles in the cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl add in the bread crumbs and additional butter. Using your hands mix the two until the mixture starts to resemble wet sand.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the mac & cheese and bake 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Let rest for a few minutes and ENJOY!