Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 4 cups plain marinara sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1/2 tbs dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and set aside a pie plate.
- In a skillet with high sides add in the olive oil.
- Keeping the heat on medium add in your onion and cook 3-4 minutes stirring often, until softened.
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 60 seconds until the garlic starts to become fragrant and golden.
- Add in the marinara sauce and turn the heat down to low. Season with red pepper flakes, dried parsley and dried basil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on low stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into your pie plate.
- Top with your shredded mozzarella and bake 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with garlic bread, crackers or whatever your heart desires. ENJOY!