Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 package spring roll or egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup dried fungus mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced (I use a peeler)
- 5 garlic cloves diced
- 1 cup cilantro diced
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 tbs soy sauce (separated into 1 tbs each)
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
- 3.5 ounces glass noodles
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbs vegetable oil plus additional for frying (amount will vary depending on size of frying pot)
- In a large mixing bowl add in your dried fungus mushrooms. Cover them with boiling water making sure they are completely covered by the water. Let them soak for 15 minutes and then remove them from the water.
- Using the same water add in your glass noodles and soak 8-10 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok add in 2 tbs of vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium add in the diced garlic. Cook for about 60 seconds or until the garlic starts to become golden brown.
- Add in the cabbage and carrot. Cook for a few minutes until the cabbage has cooked down.
- Add in the green onion, cilantro, white pepper and 1 tbs of soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add in the drained mushrooms and glass noodles. Mix until they are are incorporated into the cabbage mixture.
- Add in the sugar, oyster sauce, and remaining soy sauce (I like to mix them in a ramekin and add them all in at once). Mix well to combine and then set aside to cool.
- Taking one spring roll wrapper at a time place it on a flat surface making sure to place it like a diamond (watch video for tutorial).
- Taking about 2 tbs of filling at a time place it at the top of the wrapper. Start to roll the wrapper towards you and when you get about half way fold in the sides of the egg roll wrappers towards the middle. Continue to roll until you get to the bottom and only have a small piece of wrapper left.
- Dip your finger in the egg white and coat the bottom of the wrapper with the egg white. This will act like the glue to hold your egg roll closed. Finish rolling the egg roll and set aside to continue to do the rest.
- In a deep skillet or pot add in enough vegetable oil to coat about 2 inches of the pan.
- Heat the oil up (to make sure the oil is hot enough place the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil, if the oil start to bubble around the handle then you know the oil is ready.
- Keeping the heat on medium drop in a few egg rolls at a time (don’t do too many so that you don’t over crowd your pan), and fry for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!