Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4-5 large russet potatoes cubed
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs chili powder (more if you like it with heat)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- In a pan with high sides add in the vegetable oil.
- Keeping the heat on medium add in the cubed potatoes and seasoning with salt. Cook stirring occasionally for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes fully cooked through. Using a slotted spoon remove the potatoes and place them on a paper towel lined plate.
- Into the same pan add in the ground beef. Cook 4-5 minutes or until the beef is fully cooked through. If your beef renders a lot of fat make sure to drain in at this point.
- Add in the onion and red pepper and cook until softened about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds stirring often.
- Add the cooked potatoes back in.
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and chili powder. Mix well to combine everything.
- Turn the heat off and top with shredded cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt (about 2-3 minutes) and ENJOY!